NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES LAW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “Busch Pole Trophy Contest” (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, officers and agents of Anheuser-Busch, LLC, its affiliates and subsidiaries; advertising and promotion agencies, wholesale distributors, retail licensees, Sponsored Services, Inc., and NASCAR, Inc., and all other service agencies involved with the Contest, and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling), are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules (“Official Rules”) at www.busch.com (“Website”).
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on May 11, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on June 25, 2018 (“Contest Period”). The Contest Period is divided into three (3) phases as defined below. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. THE CONTEST: The Contest gives entrants the opportunity to put their creative skills to the test and design the Busch Pole Trophy (the “Busch Pole Trophy”) that will be awarded to the NASCAR Cup Series™ driver who has won the most Busch Pole Awards in 2018. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges (“Panel”) selected by Sponsor. Three (3) Finalists will be selected for Public Voting to Determine the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will receive a trip to attend the 2018 NASCAR Champion’s Week™ (“the Event”). During The Event week, winner will receive the opportunity to present his/her winning design of the Busch Pole Trophy to the NASCAR Cup Series™ driver who has won the most NASCAR Cup Series™ Busch Pole Awards in 2018.
4. PHASE ONE: CONTEST SUBMISSION PERIOD: The Contest Submission Period begins at 12:00:00 am EDT on May 11, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59:59 pm EDT on May 28, 2018 (“Contest Submission Period”).
How to Enter: TWITTER: During the Contest Submission Period, post a photo of your original design of the Busch Pole Trophy that includes a Busch logo and racing imagery, and include the hashtag #BuschPoleContest (an “Entry”).
You must be a registered user of Twitter and follow Busch beer in order to enter the Contest via Twitter. Twitter registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
The one (1) person submitting the Entry under their Twitter account will be considered the entrant and only the entrant is eligible to win a prize. No joint or team Entries will be accepted. Neither Sponsor nor or the Released Parties are liable for any disputes arising from or related to the Contest in this regard.
If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
Your setting must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents. Only posts that are viewable by Sponsor and its agents will be considered an Entry.
Entries will be judged. See Rule #6 for Judging Criteria. All Entries must be received and recorded during the Contest Submission Period. No other forms of Entry are valid. Limit one (1) Entry per person. See Rule #5 for additional Entry Guidelines. Entry must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined in Rule #5) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor, in its sole discretion deems inappropriate.
5. ENTRY GUIDELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT: Entries must meet the following requirements:
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, the Released Parties, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the World in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
- Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain an image of anyone under twenty-one (21) years of age; (e) otherwise fail to comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available at the following online location: http://www.beerinstitute.org/assets/uploads/general-upload/2015-Beer-Ad-Code-Brochure.pdf; (f) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Busch), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (g) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (h) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (i) refer to or depict any names, logos or readily recognizable features of a retailer of alcohol beverages (such as a grocery store, convenience store, restaurant, bar, or any other retail location that sells alcohol beverages);or (j) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
- Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is his/her original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
- Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on the Website, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
- Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
- Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and the Released Parties from any claims to the contrary.
All Entries are subject to Sponsor’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy, as follows: Digital Millennium Copyright Act—Anheuser-Busch is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. As such, Anheuser-Busch adheres to the following notice and take down policy, in full compliance with Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.). If you believe any of the Entries infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (hereafter a “DMCA Takedown Notice”). To be valid, a DMCA Takedown Notice must (i) be provided to the Anheuser-Busch designated agent, (“Copyright Agent”), as set forth below, and (ii) include the following:
· A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
· Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
· Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
· Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
· A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and,
· A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Anheuser-Busch’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is: email: email@example.com. For clarity, only DMCA Takedown Notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, online purchases or other communications should be directed to the applicable customer service links posted on the Website. You acknowledge that in order for Anheuser-Busch to be authorized to takedown any Content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all of the requirements of this Section.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor and the Released Parties do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By participating, you acknowledge that your Entry may be posted on the Website, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries posted to the Website are not edited by Sponsor and are the views/opinions of the individual entrant and do not reflect the views of the Sponsor in any manner. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit.
6. PHASE TWO: CONTEST JUDGING TO DETERMINE THE FINALIST WINNERS: Beginning on May 29, 2018 and ending on June 4, 2018, all eligible Entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria by a panel of judges (“Panel”) selected by Sponsor. The judging criteria includes: (1) Creativity; (2) Use of the Busch logo; and, (3) Inclusion of Racing Imagery. The three (3) Entries receiving the highest point total awarded by the Panel will be deemed a Finalist (each a “Finalist”) and will advance to Phase Three: Public Voting. See Rule #7 for details. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by a new Panel based on the Judging Criteria stated above until the tie is broken. Finalists will be determined on or about June 4, 2018. The decisions of the Panel are final in all aspects of the Contest.
7. PHASE THREE: PUBLIC VOTING TO DETERMINE THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER: The Public Voting Period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. EDT on June 5, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on June 25, 2018 (“Public Voting Period”). During the Public Voting Period, look for Sponsor’s Contest post at https://twitter.com/buschbeer. The Contest post will include the three (3) Finalist Entries and corresponding voting hashtags. Consumers who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Finalist by using one (1) the following three (3) voting hashtags: (1) #CrispandCold and #BuschContest. (2) #HeadfortheMountains and #BuschContest. (3) #MountainStream and #BuschContest. Limit of one (1) vote per person per day during the Public Voting Period. A “day” is defined as each twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. EDT and ending on the same day at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT. Following the conclusion of the Public Voting Period, the one (1) Finalist with the highest number of votes will be deemed the Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize winner”). See Rule #8 for Prize details.
Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like voting methods will void all such votes. Any attempt by a Finalist and/or his/her respective family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names and/or email addresses, paying or retaining third parties to create email accounts for the purposes of voting and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify such Finalist in its reasonable discretion. Any attempt by any person to fraudulently circumvent the voting restrictions in order to cast multiple votes will result in disqualification of all such votes received and may result in disqualification of the Finalist for whom the improper votes were received if the Sponsor determines that Finalist knew of or was involved in any way in the perpetration of such fraud.
8. PRIZE DETAILS: Grand Prize (1): Trip for winner and one (1) guest to attend the Event. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from gateway city nearest winner’s home) and double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) consecutive nights. During the Event week, winner will receive the opportunity to present his/her winning design of the Busch Pole Trophy to the NASCAR Cup Series™ driver who has won the most NASCAR Cup Series™ Busch Pole Awards in 2018. Travel expected to occur in November 2018 or December 2018. Exact location of the Event to be determined at a later date. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and on the dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited. Winner and guest must comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting necessary identification (including a valid driver’s license) at the time of travel. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in. Any costs incurred due to changes to the original itinerary are solely the winner’s responsibility. Travel and accommodations are at Sponsor’s discretion and subject to availability and change. Ground transportation, meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are solely winner’s responsibility. If winner cannot accept prize as specified, prize will be forfeited. Approximate Retail Value is up to $2,000.00. Actual value depends on city/day/time of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: FINALIST WINNERS: The potential Finalists will be notified via direct messaging through their Twitter account and will be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours indicating whether he/she can accept the opportunity to be a Finalist. If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate potential Finalist will be selected. Any alternate potential Finalist selected will also be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours. GRAND PRIZE WINNER: The Grand Prize will be awarded (time permitting). The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via direct messaging through their Twitter account and will be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours indicating whether he/she can accept the prize. If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate potential Grand Prize may be selected (time permitting). Any alternate potential Grand Prize winner selected will also be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours. FOR FINALIST WINNERS AND GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless, or land-line phone service which may result in a potential Finalist or Grand Prize winner not receiving initial prize notification. Potential Finalist may be required to complete, sign, and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release via email, fax or overnight mail within twenty-four hours (24) of accepting the opportunity to be a Finalist. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign, and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release via email, fax or overnight mail within three (3) days of prize acceptance. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, including verification that the Finalist and/or Grand Prize winner is at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older, the potential Finalist will be declared the official Finalist of the Contest, and the potential Grand Prize winner will be declared the official Grand Prize winner of the Contest. If Sponsor cannot verify that the potential Finalist and/or Grand Prize winner is twenty-one (21) years of age or older, then the potential Finalist and/or Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and the opportunity to be a Finalist and/or Grand Prize winner may be awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting for the Grand Prize). Potential Grand Prize winner’s guest will be required to complete, sign, and return a liability and publicity release via email, fax or overnight mail within three (3) days of Grand Prize winner’s prize acceptance. In the event of noncompliance within any of these time periods, the opportunity to be a Finalist and/or Grand Prize winner will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected (time permitting for Grand Prize). Any alternate potential Finalist and/or Grand Prize winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the opportunity to be a Finalist and/or Grand Prize winner may be awarded to an alternate potential winner (timer permitting for Grand Prize).
If Sponsor so elects, potential Finalist, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest may be required to submit to a confidential background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal, sexual offenses, or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that the potential Finalist, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest will not bring the Sponsor or NASCAR into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. If requested, the potential Finalist, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. In the event of noncompliance, to be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting for Grand Prize).
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Anheuser-Busch, LLC, NASCAR, Inc., their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, successors, members and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered Entries, email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Sponsor’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such Entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. Neither Sponsor, its agencies, nor the Released Parties are responsible for injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of Contest be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and determine the Grand Prize Winners from valid, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding Entries received from multiple users having the same Twitter account, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the Twitter account by the organization responsible for assigning the Twitter account. All materials submitted become the property of Anheuser-Busch, LLC and will not be returned.
Entrants agree (a) that Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and advertising and Contest agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, wholesale distributors, representatives and agents and the Released Parties, will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, copyright infringement or portrayal in a false light resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity, and (b) Grand Prize Winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing) and those acting pursuant to its authority to use his/her name, submitted biography, voice and/or likeness and prize information, and/or Entry (and assign the Entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade and Contestal purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval.
11. You grant to Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to exploit your Entry in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party, for any purpose, including, without limitation, your Entry and any person’s property (physical, personal, and indicia) contained therein. The foregoing grant includes, without limitation, the right to reproduce, alter, amend, broadcast, edit, publish, use, merchandise, license, sublicense, and adapt the Entry in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, for any purpose, whether commercial in nature or otherwise, including in contexts and circumstances that result in your Entry being associated with a particular Sponsor or Sponsors. Accordingly, you hereby waive any objection to, such use, distribution, reproduction or display of your Entry, and any claim for compensation whatsoever in connection therewith. Such waiver shall include any claim for infringement of any so-called “Moral Right,” “Droit Moral” or similar right or interest.
13. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, hand print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: Busch Trophy Contest Winner’s List Request, c/o Sponsor Services Inc., 3517 Denver Drive, Denver, NC 28037, for receipt by August 25, 2018.
14. SPONSOR: Anheuser-Busch, LLC, One Busch Place, St. Louis, MO 63118.
© 2018 Anheuser-Busch, Busch® Beer, St. Louis, MO
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Twitter.
NASCAR, Inc., is not a sponsor of this Contest.
NASCAR® is a registered trademark of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc.