In the world of professional bass fishing, Kevin VanDam is at the top – and arguably the best in the world. He's the complete package, a fierce competitor with multiple championships and an ambassador to the sport. “When it comes to professional bass fishing, Kevin VanDam is as close to perfection as I’ve ever seen,” says ESPN Outdoors Commentator Mark Zona.
KVD has captured four Bassmaster Classic titles (2001,2005, 2010, 2011) and seven Toyota Tundra Angler of Year titles (1992, 1996, 1999, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011). VanDam brought home his first AOY championship in 1991. VanDam has qualified for 22 consecutive Bassmaster Classics since he turned full-time pro in 1992, that’s the longest running streak of any active pro.
Kevin and his wife Sherry have twin boys, Jackson and Nicholas. When he’s not touring, KVD enjoys spending time with his boys, fishing during summer and deer hunting in the off-season.
- BASS Angler of the Year (1992, 1996, 1999, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- FLW Angler of the Year (2001)
- Bassmaster Classic winner (2001, 2005, 2010, 2011)
- ESPN Outdoor Sportsman of the Year (2002)
- Career winnings: more than $5.77 million (B.A.S.S. and FLW)
- Career Top Ten finishes: 106 (20 wins)
- Times in the BASSMASTER Classic: 22 (consecutively since 1991)
- Tournaments Won: 20 (B.A.S.S.)
- Tournaments Runner-Up: 11