NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
BUSCH®/BUSCH LIGHT® GREAT OUTDOORS CONTEST - OFFICIAL RULES
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “Busch/Busch Light Great Outdoors Contest” (“Contest”) is open to residents of the United States who are 21 years of age or older. Employees and the immediate families of employees of Anheuser-Busch, LLC (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries; wholesaler distributors and their employees and their immediate families; retail licensees and their employees and their immediate families; and, advertising and promotion agencies and their employees and their immediate families, are ineligible. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules of this Contest (“Official Rules”) at www.busch.com.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on September 4, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on December 4, 2017 (“Contest Period”). Sponsor’s designated official judging organization’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
A. ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS FOR UNITED STATES RESIDENTS (EXCEPT CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS): During the Contest Period, look for a Busch Gold Trophy Can (a “Gold Trophy Can”) or Busch Light Gold Trophy Can (also a “Gold Trophy Can”) inside specially-marked packages of Busch or Busch Light beer. Or, to download a substitute Busch Gold Trophy Can Wrap (a “Gold Trophy Can Wrap”) or Busch Light Gold Trophy Can Wrap (also a “Gold Trophy Can Wrap) without making a purchase, visit www.busch.com during the Contest Period, look for the Contest mention, and follow the online instructions to download a Gold Trophy Can Wrap. Wrap the Gold Trophy Can Wrap around a non-alcoholic item (i.e., soda can or glass) and secure the ends. Limit one (1) free Gold Trophy Can Wrap request per person per day. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. and ending the same day at 11:59:59 p.m. (CDT or CST depending on day).
Three (3) Ways to Enter: (i) FACEBOOK: Post a photo of yourself in an outdoors environment with the Gold Trophy Can or Gold Trophy Can Wrap and include the hashtags #TrophyCan and #Contest (an Entry). You must be a registered user of Facebook and follow Busch beer in order to enter the Contest via Facebook. Facebook registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.facebook.com and following the online instructions to open an account. (ii) INSTAGRAM: Post a photo of yourself in an outdoors environment with the Gold Trophy Can or Gold Trophy Can Wrap and include the hashtags #TrophyCan and #Contest (also an “Entry”). You must be a registered user of Instagram and follow Busch beer in order to enter the Contest via Instagram. Instagram registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to Instagram.com and following the online instructions to open an account. (iii) TWITTER: Post a photo of yourself in an outdoors environment with the Gold Trophy Can or Gold Trophy Can Wrap and include the hashtags #TrophyCan and #Contest (also an “Entry”). You must be a registered user of Twitter and follow @BuschBeer on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/buschbeer. Twitter registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
B. ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Three (3) Ways to Enter: (i) FACEBOOK: Post a photo of yourself in an outdoors environment and include the hashtags #GreatOutdoors and #Contest (also an “Entry”). You must be a registered user of Facebook and follow Busch beer in order to enter the Contest via Facebook. Facebook registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.facebook.com and following the online instructions to open an account. (ii) INSTAGRAM: Post a photo of yourself in an outdoors environment and include the hashtags #GreatOutdoors and #Contest (also an “Entry”). You must be a registered user of Instagram and follow Busch beer in order to enter the Contest via Instagram. Instagram registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to Instagram.com and following the online instructions to open an account. (iii) TWITTER: Post a photo of yourself in an outdoors environment and include the hashtags #GreatOutdoors and #Contest (an Entry). You must be a registered user of Twitter and follow @BuschBeer on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/buschbeer. Twitter registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
NOTE: BUSCH GOLD TROPHY CAN, BUSCH GOLD TROPHY CAN WRAP, BUSCH LIGHT GOLD TROPHY CAN AND BUSCH LIGHT GOLD TROPHY CAN WRAP IS NOT PART OF THE ENTRY FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
FOR ALL ENTRIES:
If an Entry contains additional people other than only the entrant, please note that the one (1) person submitting the Entry under their Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account will be considered the entrant and only the entrant is eligible to win a prize. No other person in the Entry is eligible to receive a prize. Neither Sponsor nor its representatives are liable for any disputes arising from or related to the Contest in this regard.
If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
Your photo settings must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents.
Entries will be judged. See Rule #5 for Judging Criteria. All Entries must be received and recorded during the Contest Period. No other forms of Entry are valid. Limit one (1) Entry per person per day. See Rule #4 for additional Entry Guidelines & Prohibited Content. Entry must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined in Rule #4) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor, in its sole discretion deems inappropriate.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT: Entries must meet the following requirements:
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the World in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
- Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain an image of anyone under 21 years of age; (e) otherwise fail to comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available at the following online location: http://www.beerinstitute.org/assets/uploads/general-upload/2015-Beer-Ad-Code-Brochure.pdf; (f) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Busch or Busch Light), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (g) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (h) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (i) refer to or depict any names, logos or readily recognizable features of a retailer of alcohol beverages (such as a grocery store, convenience store, restaurant, bar, or any other retail location that sells alcohol beverages);or (j) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
- Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is his/her original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
- Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on the Website, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
- Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
- Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
All Entries are subject to Sponsor’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy, as follows: Digital Millennium Copyright Act—Anheuser-Busch is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. As such, Anheuser-Busch adheres to the following notice and take down policy, in full compliance with Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.). If you believe any of the Entries infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (hereafter a “DMCA Takedown Notice”). To be valid, a DMCA Takedown Notice must (i) be provided to the Anheuser-Busch designated agent, (“Copyright Agent”), as set forth below, and (ii) include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and,
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Anheuser-Busch’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is: email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For clarity, only DMCA Takedown Notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, online purchases or other communications should be directed to the applicable customer service links posted on the Website. You acknowledge that in order for Anheuser-Busch to be authorized to takedown any Content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all of the requirements of this Section.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By participating, you acknowledge that your Entry may be posted on the Website, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries posted to the Website are not edited by Sponsor and are the views/opinions of the individual entrant and do not reflect the views of the Sponsor in any manner. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit.
5. JUDGING TO DETERMINE GRAND PRIZE WINNERS:
ENTRIES RECEIVED FROM UNITED STATES RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS): Entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria by an independent panel of judges (“Panel”) selected by Sponsor. The judging criteria includes: (a) Creativity in the use of the Gold Trophy Can and/or Gold Trophy Can Wrap; (b) Technical merit; (c) Photo composition; and (d) Photo must be captured in an Outdoor Environment. The four (4) Entries receiving the highest scores awarded by the Panel will be deemed a Grand Prize Winner and receive the Grand Prize. See Rule #6 for Grand Prize details. Limit one (1) Grand Prize per person.
ENTRIES RECEIVED FROM CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria by an independent panel of judges (“Panel”) selected by Sponsor. The judging criteria includes: (a) Creativity; (b) Technical merit; (c) Photo composition; and (d) Photo must be captured in an Outdoor Environment. The one (1) Entry receiving the highest scores awarded by the Panel will be deemed a Grand Prize Winner and receive the Grand Prize. See Rule #6 for Grand Prize details.
The decisions of the Panel are final in all aspects of the Contest. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by a new Panel based on the Judging Criteria stated above until the tie is broken.
6. PRIZE DETAILS: Grand Prize (5 total; 1 for CA residents; 4 for US residents [excluding CA residents]; see Rule #5): Trip for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest to Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale, Missouri. Travel expected to occur April 2018 – May 2018. Exact travel dates to be determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, at a later date. Trip includes round-trip coach air transportation (from gateway city nearest Grand Prize Winner's home), double-occupancy lodging for three (3) consecutive nights, ground transportation to/from airport/lodge, all-inclusive food, a guided fishing trip for Grand Prize Winner and guest, a self-guided cave tour and none (9) holes of golf (cart included) for Grand Prize Winner and guest at “Top of the Rock”, and a shooting experience for Grand Prize Winner and guest at the “Big Cedar Shooting Academy”. During the guided fishing trip, Grand Prize Winner and guest will have the opportunity to “meet and greet” and fish with Kevin VanDam (subject to availability). Sponsor will provide rods, reels and bait and assist Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest in securing their own fishing licenses. Travel and accommodations are at the Sponsor’s discretion and subject to availability and change. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and on the dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner (time permitting). Grand Prize Winner and guest must comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting necessary identification (including a valid driver’s license) at the time of travel. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of check-in. Any costs incurred due to changes to the original itinerary are solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Travel and accommodations are the Sponsor’s discretion and subject to availability and change. Ground transportation (other than as stated above), meals (other than stated above), gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are solely Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility.
Grand Prize Winners may not substitute or transfer prize, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the individual Grand Prize Winner. If Grand Prize Winner cannot accept prize as specified, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner (time permitting). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is up to $7,221.08. Actual value depends on city/day/time of departure. Total ARV of all prizes is up to $36,105.40. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
If Sponsor so elects, Grand Prize Winner and guest may be required to submit to a confidential background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal, sexual offenses, or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that the Grand Prize Winner and guest will not bring the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. If requested, the potential Grand Prize Winner and guest agree to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. In the event of noncompliance or for any reason based on the results of any background check, to be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor, prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner (time permitting).
7. GRAND PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: All prizes will be awarded (time permitting). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified via direct messaging on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and will be required to respond to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours indicating whether he/she can accept the prize. If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected (time permitting). Any alternate potential Grand Prize Winner selected will also be required to respond to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release via email, fax or overnight mail within forty-eight (48) hours of prize acceptance. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, including verification that the potential Grand Prize Winner is at least 21 years of age or older, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be declared the official Grand Prize Winner of the Contest. If Sponsor cannot verify that the potential Grand Prize Winner is 21 years of age or older prior to Grand Prize Winner notification, then the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner (time permitting). Grand Prize Winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the end date of the Contest and will be required to complete, sign and return a liability and publicity release via email, fax or overnight mail within forty-eight (48) hours of Grand Prize Winner’s prize acceptance. In the event of noncompliance within any of these time periods, prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner selected (time permitting). Any alternate potential Grand Prize Winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein. Any prize notification or prize returned to Sponsor, or its agencies, as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the awarding of that prize to an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner (time permitting).
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Anheuser-Busch, LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered Entries, email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Sponsor’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither the Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such Entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. Neither the Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of Contest be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and determine the Grand Prize Winners from valid, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding Entries received from multiple users having the same Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account, the authorized subscriber of the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account by the organization responsible for assigning Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts. All materials submitted become the property of Anheuser-Busch, LLC and will not be returned.
Entrants agree (a) that Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and advertising and Contest agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, wholesale distributors, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, copyright infringement or portrayal in a false light resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity, and (b) Grand Prize Winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing) and those acting pursuant to its authority to use his/her name, submitted biography, voice and/or likeness and prize information, and/or Entry (and assign the Entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade and Contestal purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval.
9. You grant to Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to exploit your Entry in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party, for any purpose, including, without limitation, your Entry and any person’s property (physical, personal, and indicia) contained therein. The foregoing grant includes, without limitation, the right to reproduce, alter, amend, broadcast, edit, publish, use, merchandise, license, sublicense, and adapt the Entry in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, for any purpose, whether commercial in nature or otherwise, including in contexts and circumstances that result in your Entry being associated with a particular Sponsor or Sponsors. Accordingly, you hereby waive any objection to, such use, distribution, reproduction or display of your Entry, and any claim for compensation whatsoever in connection therewith. Such waiver shall include any claim for infringement of any so-called “Moral Right,” “Droit Moral” or similar right or interest.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, hand print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: Busch/Busch Light Great Outdoors Contest Winner’s List Request, c/o Fusion Marketing, 1928 Locust Street, St. Louis, MO 63103, for receipt by February 4, 2018.
© 2017 Anheuser-Busch, Busch® and Busch Light® Beers, St. Louis, MO
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.